Golf Course News
Construction Set to Begin on Illinois’ Atkins Golf Club; Troon Management Company Selected
For more details please check out the link below.
The University advises the public to stay off the golf course grounds, including golf course cart paths, while maintenance and construction are ongoing.
For more information, contact Cassie Arner (217) 300-2714 or email@example.com
Local Park District News
The Urbana Park District is planning to construct a Health & Wellness Center. The Parks Foundation is looking for contributions to aid in financing this project. If you have any interest in this, please check out this link.
Anyone interested in finding out more, or making a gift, can contact Caty Roland, Urbana Parks Foundation, 303 W. University Ave., Urbana, IL 61801 or by phone at (217) 367-1536.
University of Illinois Updates on the Undeveloped Areas
The University of Illinois, University of Illinois Foundation, and Spencer Atkins have made the following tentative arrangements for the 2021 planting season:
- The two large eastern tracts (#2 and #4), which were formerly planted with sunflowers, will be planted with prairie grass and wildflowers.
- The other large non-developed tracts (#1, #5, #6, #8, and #9), which border the golf course and total approximately 54 acres, will be planted with soybeans or hay/alfalfa.
- A map showing planting locations has been included for your reference.
Map of Planned PlantingsPDF • 216KB
These undeveloped areas within Stone Creek are a portion of the land donated by TAG to the U of I in 2020. These areas do not include any of the vacant lots that were part of the same gift that are being actively marketed for sale. This undeveloped land is owned by the U of I and not by the HOA. As such, the HOA is not responsible for its maintenance/mowing nor is the HOA responsible for mowing any of the vacant lots that are for sale or that may be privately owned. The U of I has retained a lawn care service that will be handling the maintenance on the unsold lots, mowing twice a month.
Grounds Committee Update
- The Grounds Committee would like to remind homeowners and lot owners not to leave grass clippings in the streets or sidewalks or deposit them on adjoining vacant lots. If a landscaper/mower is employed, please remind them.
- Garbage containers shall be kept out of the front yard except on collection day. Storage of garbage containers shall be in the garage or shall be screened from view.
- You may have noticed that several of the trees that were donated through the cooperative program with the City of Urbana are small. In a follow up conversation with City Staff, it was noted that they are at the mercy of the nurseries supplying the trees. However, despite their size, they have had good luck when planting native species from these nurseries. All trees are guaranteed for one year.
- If a donor requested a specific location for their tree, the City attempted to get as close to the location as possible. Additionally, several trees were spaced throughout Stone Creek Blvd. in an effort to provide trees in areas that were barren. Once planting is completed, the donor will receive a letter regarding the care and watering of the tree. If a resident cannot maintain the watering schedule, they should contact Kevin Sanderson, City Arborist, firstname.lastname@example.org, (217)384-2303.
- Tree List Chart.pdf
- Thanks for Greening up Stone Creek Blvd.
- 2021 Annual Meeting Scheduled
The Board tentatively set the date for the Annual Meeting of home and lot owners for Tuesday, October 19, 2021 to begin at 7pm. More details will be available as we approach that date.