Annual Meeting Announcement
The 2021 Annual Meeting of the Stone Creek Subdivision HOA will be held on Tuesday, October 19 at 7pm. Due to possible Covid restrictions that might apply at that date and for the safety of our owners, we are using Zoom technology rather than meeting in person. We used this technology last year and found it to be convenient, efficient and effective.Online Zoom Meeting
Each owner will receive an online “invitation to join the meeting” at the email addresses on file with the HOA. That invitation will be sent on the day of the meeting. By simply clicking on the link in that email, each participant will be directed to the Zoom meeting where the host will grant access to the meeting. If there are any problems gaining access, several phone numbers will be made available to call to get assistance. Those phone numbers will be furnished as we get closer to the meeting date. Owners who have given us more than one email address will receive an invitation at each email address. If anyone would like to receive multiple invitations, please furnish us with alternative email addresses. The email list we will use is the same as the list we use for normal bulk email communications.Asking Questions
Questions can be raised during the meeting with the interactive technology or by texting a question to one of the phone numbers supplied for access assistance. Questions may also be emailed in advance of the meeting to any Board member or to the HOA email address which is StoneCreekUrbana.HOA@yahoo.com
. However, do not send emails to that address during the meeting
since that address will not be monitored at that time.Topics We Expect to Discuss
- Update status of the Golf Course, restaurant and vacant lots for sale
- Architectural Committee report
- Grounds Committee report (including discussion of gardening & weeding, pond erosion and possible installation of a pond fountain; and each’s impact on annual or special assessments)
- Financial report for 2021
- Discuss assessment levels for 2022 and potential funding for deferred projects
- Other topics of interest
- Election of four (4) Directors to the Board (election using online voting)
We will provide an agenda the weekend before the meeting along with a meeting reminder.The Voting Process
Voting and the election of Directors will take place several days after the Annual Meeting. We will be using online voting on the “Election Buddy” platform. We used this for the past two elections and have found it to be efficient and reliable.
There are four (4) directors whose two year terms expire at the conclusion of the annual meeting. Those directors are: Spencer Atkins, Chad Beckett, Brandyn Mason and Jon Reichard. All four are seeking re-election. However, any owner interested in serving the HOA as a member of the Board is encouraged to submit his/her name to be added to the election ballot.
Please consider your participation. If you have any questions about serving as a Board member, please contact any current Board member, which include the three Board members whose terms expire in October 2022. Those directors are: Tom Roth, Jessica LaRosa and Mike Krickl. Contact information can be found for each member under the Board of Directors
page (tab) on this website.
Any owner interested in submitting his/her name for the ballot should do so by responding to the HOA email address which is StoneCreekUrbana.HOA@yahoo.com
. We welcome and encourage your participation.
The voting process works like this---
1. On election day (a date yet to be determined) at the time set for the election to begin, “Election Buddy” sends an email to a single email address for each lot. (One vote per lot) That email announces that the election is open, invites the owner to vote and links to the ballot. Click on the link and/or follow the stated directions. The ballot is weighted by the number of lots owned by that owner (which is clearly indicated on the ballot). Owners of multiple lots receive one ballot, but cast multiple votes with their single ballot. (Owners with multiple email addresses should read the Note below.)
2. Owners vote for up to four (4) of the candidates seeking election to the Board. They may vote for fewer than four. They may abstain (vote for no candidate).
3. Immediately after casting their vote, owners receive an email from “Election Buddy” confirming their vote has been recorded.
4. After the voting closes, “Election Buddy” sends the results of the online voting to the HOA. The HOA will then email these results to all owners.
5. “Election Buddy” furnishes the HOA complete details of who voted, who failed to vote and total votes on all issues. We are not supplied with how each owner voted. Voting is completely anonymous.
1. Co-owners of lots/homes must determine between themselves how to cast their single ballot.
2. Only one email address can be assigned to each ballot. Owners with multiple email accounts should review each of their email accounts on election day to find the “Election Buddy” notice associated with their lot and ballot.
3. The HOA has made considerable effort to use the email address owners have indicated is their primary email account for HOA matters. If owners have a question about which of their email accounts is being used for the voting process, they should contact the HOA at StoneCreekUrbana.HOA@yahoo.com
or call Mike at (815)404-6762.
4. If the “Election Buddy” notice does not arrive by email on the day of the election, owners should check their spam folder
or call Mike at 815-404-6762 for assistance.
The voting process is completely confidential and no one has access to how any ballot is cast.
We will continue to update this information as we approach the Annual Meeting, so please check back.